Buying A Backhoe Loader - Construction Equipment
There are many different types of backhoe loaders for sale available in the market today. Business owners can get the best deals if they contact an authorized construction equipment dealer. Fill out the form below to find local backhoe loader dealers and get free price quotes.
Use Our Free Service and Backhoe Loader Dealers Near You
Types of Backhoe Loaders
There are two main types of loaders - sideshift and center-mount.
- These machines are also called center pivot backhoes
- Centrally mounted at the rear frame of the machine
- Gullwing legs provide a wider base for the machine making it more stable
- Safe for moving and lifting heavy items
- Average cost starts at $45,000 and can be as high as $70,000
- Carrier mounted with stabilizers and frame rails
- The frame allows the backhoe to be moved from one machine to another
- Suitable for areas that have restricted space such as corridors and alleyways
- Can be operated near buildings
How Much Does A Backhoe Loader Cost?
- The average cost of a backhoe loader lies anywhere between $60,000 and $70,000 if the client wants to buy a new or latest model of the loader.
- Depending on the choice of model, the cost can be as high as $100,000.
- As a rule, backhoe loaders with a side lift cost more as compared to their counterparts.
To make purchase easier, the loaders can be divided into two different types depending on the digging depth
14 to 15 ft. Height Backhoes
These backhoe loaders are:
- Compact with a very light footprint
- Work great for public utilities, landscaping, general construction and farming applications
- Output horsepower varies from 70 to 100 hp
- Average cost ranges between $15,000 to $90,000 depending on whether the client buys new or used equipment, the number of work hours and the year of make
15 ft. Plus Height Or More
· Suitable for industrial applications such as demolition, heavy construction, and mining
· Power outputs is of 130 hp
· Average cost starts from $15,000 to $95,000
Sample Costs for Backhoe Loader Average Costs
The cost of a backhoe loader depends on size, horsepower, and digging depth. Generally, larger machines with more digging depth are more expensive relative to smaller model.
- 6 ft. digging depth ~ $14,000 to $25,000
- 9 ft. to 10 ft. digging depth~ $30,000 to $35,000
- Standard industrial depth of 14-ft ~ $55,000 to $95,000
- Larger 15 ft. to 16 ft. ~ $80,000 to $120,000
- 16 ft. or more digging depth ~ $120,000 to $200,000
The buyers need to approach recommended and authentic dealers to get the best price. Attachments, features, and upgrades can also add to the original price.
For instance, attachments such as stump grinders, budget, and breakers for an extra sum of about $1,500 to $2,500.
Finance Options for Backhoe Loader
An authorized dealer can provide a buyer with many different financing options especially if the business cannot afford to make outright patients of thousands of dollars. The dealers are experts in making an affordable payment plan to make for a smooth purchase.
Leasing a Backhoe Loader
In case the client is short on cash, leasing is a good option because it requires very little down payment and can spread the payment over a span of five years. At the end of the lears, it is also possible to trade the machine for a better model.