How Much Does a CAT Skid Steer Cost?
For a long time now, Caterpillar has been building skid steer loaders that have been used in a variety of applications including construction and manufacturing. CAT skid steer loaders are of high quality and power and have been known to lift heavy weights of over 3,000 pounds. These skid steers can handle any construction task and their high capacity ensures that tasks are completed within a very short period of time. Because CAT is such a well-known reliable brand, these machines are perhaps among the most expensive of the brands, but it is a title well deserved as the various machines themselves are usually extreme workhorses. Those who rental/lease/buy this brand report very few difficulties as a rule, apart from human error.
Use Our Free Service and Find Skid Steer Dealers Near You
Benefits of CAT skid steer loaders
Caterpillar skid steer loaders boast of the best designs and engineering and this makes them great assets in construction projects amongst other applications. They are comfortable to use because most of them come with climate control, sliding windows and high visibility. CAT skid steer loaders have aggressive power. This aggressive power is enhanced by the availability of diesel engine, high horsepower and drive axles. These machines provide load paths that are straight and reduce breakage risks. Their hydraulics is advanced and delivers maximum performance on different projects.
Points to consider when looking for skid steer loaders
· Maintenance – CAT skid steer loaders are very easy to maintain, but also ensure that their design features enable easy maintenance.
· Attachments – before purchasing CAT skid steer loaders, ensure that different skid steer attachments can be attached on the loader. The skid steer loader should be able to allow skid steer attachments such as backhoes, cold planners, buckets, pallet forks, stump grinders and hammers.
· Hydraulic system – the hydraulic systems should be advanced, reliable and powerful in order to give better performance when working on your projects.
Disadvantages of CAT skid steer loaders
- The steering may be disadvantageous in very restricted areas of work
- Some may find the safety features of the cabin on CATs restrictive and not leaving much room for movement. Those who suffer from claustrophobia may struggle to operate them
- The design is perhaps not as compact as that of BOBCAT
Sample prices for CAT skid steers
Prices of CAT skid steers vary based on operating capacity, dealer and buyer location. On average, it costs about $25,000 to buy a skid steer with operating capacity of 2,000 lbs. CAT skid steer loaders with higher operating capacity of more than 2,000 lbs. cost an average of $40,000. If you want to rent a CAT skid steer loader it is often found to be easier to rent or lease the machine for longer periods to ensure value for money. Many buyers actually prefer to rent or lease used CATs to save on the usual breaking-in period of the machine or after its first mainline service.