How Much Does a Skid Steer Cost?
It can be quite baffling to select the right skid steer loader. This is because there are so many choices available and prices vary. While many of them might come at attractive prices, it is important to remember that just because the skid steer will mount on your machine does not mean it will automatically perform well. Some tools require more hydraulic capacity in order to offer the best services or operate well under different conditions. Therefore, consider the type of work to be done which will be important to maximize the potential of your skid steer loaders.
Use Our Free Service and Find Skid Steer Dealers Near You
Benefits of choosing the right skid steer loader
Selecting the right skid steer ensures that you do not waste time on labor or manual-intensive tasks. It also ensures that irrespective of the type of work you do, it will complete the work with minimal or no effort. A good skid steer loader provides great lifting heights which is very useful when it comes to placing huge loads higher for storage. The benefit of choosing the right skid steer is that it enables you to maintain total control of heavier loads at optimum reach.
Points to consider when choosing skid steer loader
· Specifications – you will have to consider specification of the skid steer loader before buying or renting one. You must determine how large the unit should be which will depend on the type of work to be done.
· Maintenance – the major consideration when choosing skid steer loaders is maintenance and preventive care. Determine the right person to do the maintenance, which could be the dealer or you and also find out how much it will cost to maintain the loader.
· Financing - find out whether the manufacturer has financing options. This will enable you determine whether you need to purchase or lease the skid steer loader.
Prices of skid steer loaders
There are different types of skid steer loaders and manufacturers have their own prices. However, expect to pay anywhere between $17,000 and $40,000. It is however important to look at possible financing options and decide whether you need to purchase one.
Average Costs for Skid Steer Loaders
Low capacity loaders (650-750 lbs.) costs between $11,000 and $16,000
Skid steer loader (1,000-1,500 lbs.) may cost roughly $16,000-$22,000
Heavy skid steer loader (1,500 to 2,000 lbs.) can be bought between $22,000 and $31,000
Extra heavy duty Skid steers (2,200-3,000+ lbs.) costs approximately $31,000 to $50,000
Rates by Attachments
- Concrete breaker ~ Price starts from $5,500 and run up to $12,000
- Brush cutter ~ Prices start from $4,000 and go up to $6,000
- Rotating grapple ~ Price starts from $3,000 and go up to $5,000
- Extractor: Costs roughly between $3,000 and $5,000
- Pavement saw: Costs around $10,000-$20,000
- Grapple rake: Price roughly starts from $2,500-$3,000
- Snow blower: Approximately $5,000-$10,000
- Stump grapple bucket: Around $1,000-$1,500