Used Excavator Cost
Excavators are vital heavy equipment that plays a vital role in surface mining and civil works businesses. These machines are also known as diggers or 360-degree excavators. The vehicle comprises of a backhoe with the pivot-mounted cab. The whole mechanism sits on top of undercarriage that can have caterpillar tracks or wheels.
Use Our Free Service and Find Excavator Dealers Near You
Many factors play an important role in setting the price of an excavator. Buyers are recommended to search the market and compare prices to make the best possible deal. Depending on the budget of the business, lease contracts or rental excavators are also available as finance options.
Different Purposes of Excavators
- General landscaping
- River dredging
- Digging of foundations, holes and trenches
- Heavy lifting and placing of soil, rock and pipes
- Brush cutting
Different Types of Excavators
- Dragline excavator
- Bucket-wheel excavator
- Long front excavator
- Hydraulic excavator
- Compact excavator
- Long-reach excavator
How Much Does New and Used Excavator Cost?
The Cost of new excavator is between $100,000 and $500,000. Used excavators in good condition can be bought at a discount between 15% - 25%. Depending on the condition of machine, average costs of used excavator can be as low as half the price of new excavators. Used excavator can be purchased in anywhere between $50,000 and $250,000.
Factors That Influence the Prices of Used Excavator
- Excavator lifecycle (That is of about 9,000 to 11,000 hours.)
- Number of work hours on their load
- Age of excavator
- Size of excavator
- Condition of used excavator
- Transferable Extendable Warranty
- Functionality Test
Cost of 2-Year-Old Used Excavator
Depending on number of hours and condition the price can be anywhere between $75,000 and $125,000
Cost of 5-Year-Old Used Excavator
Depending on number of hours and machine's condition the cost of used excavator can be anywhere between $50,000 and $100,000.
Cost of 10-Year-Old Used Excavator
Cost of 10-year-old used excavator depending on number of hours logged and the condition of machine can be between $250,000 if the machine has been used for only 4,500 hours. For a machine that has been used for 100,000 hours, the cost range can be between $80,000 and $130,000.
How to Choose Refurbished or Used Excavator
Making the purchase of a used excavator is very similar to that of a used car. A lot of research needs to be put into the purchase before signing a purchase contract. Customer reviews and recommendations from credible industrial sources can also help in understanding the different features and purpose of excavator models.
Factors to Consider When Buying a Used Excavator
- Physical inspection is very important before finalizing the purchase
- A professional mechanic should check the undercarriage and the track to inspect broken parts
- There may be wear and tear but no missing parts
- The excavator should be fit for a test drive
- It is important to watch out for strange sounds
- Check to find out if anything is amiss
- Purchase should always be made from an authorized dealer
- Online auction is a great option if the buyer is looking to get good discounts