How Much Does A Steel Building Cost?
One reason why the prefabricated steel industry is growing fast is due to the fact that manufacturers of steel buildings have developed prefabricated systems that can be used in various applications. Unlike before when steel buildings were only limited to aircraft hangers and storage facilities, steel is today being used to successfully build different structures, both small and large, such as shelters for vending machines, toll booths, agricultural and sports facilities, barns, retail centers and even churches.
Use Our Free Service to Find Steel Buildings Near You
Benefits of steel buildings
It is easier and faster to erect prefabricated steel buildings compared to constructing traditional buildings. The biggest benefit of constructing steel buildings is cost. Construction cost of steel buildings is cheaper, assuming that limitations and parameters of the best steel are constant. Since it is possible to use facades, finishes and wall claddings when building with steel, this makes it easier for builders to craft beautiful buildings. Steel buildings offer the best choice for large facilities especially where the facility requires large spaces.
Points to consider with steel buildings
· Design - there are three main types of steel buildings, which include arch style, portal frame and single slope. To get the best design, purchase a steel building that is made to your pre-existing plan.
· Quality – steel buildings should be of high quality to give you the best services for a long period of time.
· Fixtures and fittings – ensure that all accessories you want in your building can be designed easily and is readily available.
· Architectural features – features such as mezzanine floors, partition walls, open bays, suspended ceilings, hipped roofs, facades and porticoes are some of the things you should expect in steel buildings.
Types of Commercial Steel Buildings
Rigid Style Frame:
- Allow customization
- Cost effective
- Used for a variety of steel buildings such as churches and recreational facilities
Arch Style Frame:
- Suitable for numerous applications
- Simple to construct and affordable
- Limited customization
- Limited overhead clearance
Prices of steel buildings
It is not easy to determine the best price for steel buildings. Prices depend on shape of the beam (eye beams, channel beams), the size and weight of each selection of steel, complexity of your structure and the location of the steel building. In addition, prices in some regions are higher than in others. To get the best price, get quotes from different providers.
Cost of a commercial steel building frame can be around $20 to $35 per square foot
A customized building construction cost may start from around $25 and run up to $60 per square foot
A DIY kit may cost around $20 to $30 per square foot
Poured concrete steel building foundation costs around $10 to $15 per square foot
Commercial Steel Building Kits Prices
- Rigid frame ~ $11,000 to $13,000
- Arch frame ~ $7,000 to $9,000
- Rigid frame ~ $16,500 to $22,000
- Arch frame ~ $15,000 to $17,000
- Arch frame ~ $45,000 to $55,000
- Rigid frame ~ $75,000 to $85,000
- Rigid frame ~ $280,000 to $350,000
- Arch frame ~$85,000 to $105,000